Master of Arts in Religious Studies
Master of Arts (Concentration in Religious Studies)
- Engage in the larger religious culture with a thorough understanding of world religions.
- Exhibit an understanding of hermeneutical principles by using proper methodology in biblical interpretation.
- Recognize and evaluate in light of biblical revelation the major schools of thought in historical and contemporary theology.
- State and defend a worldview that is consistent with biblical revelation and stated in theological terms.
Master of Arts in Religious Studies:
(For all students who enrolled in this program in the Fall or 2012 or later.)
The following courses are the required courses for this degree program:
- Bi 501 Old Testament
- Bi 502 New Testament
- Th 503 Systematic Theology I
- Th 513 Systematic Theology II
- Th 607 Hermeneutics
- A Th 698 Religious Studies Capstone
- Th 601 History of Christian Thought I
- Th 602 History of Christian Thought II
- ATh 613 Theological Research & Writing