HISTORY

Founded in 1918, Beulah Heights has become known as one of the nation’s oldest and fastest growing Bible institutions.  Located in the beautiful city of Atlanta, Georgia, Beulah Heights University aims to offer higher education founded in the Protestant Christian tradition. BHU is proud to be acknowledged for its academic pursuits and its dedication to the Christian mission. Beulah Heights University is proud of its heritage as a training institution for students interested in learning ethical leadership for the ministry and the marketplace. Beulah Heights University (BHU) offers students a curriculum that is centered in its core values of Biblical Inerrancy, Integrity, Global Missions, Dedicated Servant-hood, and Diversity suitable for Christian leadership in a host of arenas. Though nestled in the historical Grant Park area of metropolitan Atlanta, BHU extends its reach to the four corners of the earth. BHU nurtures students’ leadership skills by exposing them to international ministry opportunities through mission programs and short-term overseas trips. BHU has structured its leadership curriculum to offer training across the globe, thus making a difference internationally in churches, government entities, and businesses. In addition, the curriculum is tailored to expose students to humanities, sciences, effective communication skills, and other professional studies.   BHU offers the Doctorate of Ministry Program and will proudly offer the PH.D in Leadership program starting Fall 2015.

History of Beulah Heights University 1918 – 2010

BHU was founded in 1918, as Beulah Heights Bible Institute, under the leadership of the late Reverend Paul T. Barth and his wife, Dr. Hattie M. Barth. The force behind bringing the school into existence was Mrs. Elizabeth A. Sexton, Mrs. Barth’s mother, known as “Mother Sexton,” who communicated to others her vision of a Pentecostal Bible School in Atlanta, Georgia. The school restricted itself to working with a few local students until 1928. After 1928, the outreach of the school expanded and new buildings were erected. In 1940, Beulah Heights Bible Institute of Atlanta and Southeastern Bible Institute of New Brockton, Alabama, joined efforts to become Beulah Heights-Southeastern Bible Institute in Atlanta, Georgia. However, the partnership ended in 1946 and Southeastern Bible Institute moved to its present location in Lakeland, Florida. In 1962, Beulah Heights College, Seminary and Institute was established as a four-year Bible college with the plan to eventually add a graduate program. In September of 1963, Beulah Heights College, Seminary, and Institute was chartered by the State of Georgia as a degree granting institution. In that same year, recognition was achieved with the Southern Accrediting Association of Bible Colleges. In 1966, the Board of Trustees approved changing the corporate name to Beulah Heights College. The new corporate name did not reflect the name “Bible.” Therefore, the Board of Trustees voted in January of 1972 to amend the corporate name to read “Beulah Heights Bible College.”

Since 1972, Beulah Heights Bible College grew exponentially and expanded programs to include majors in Leadership and Administration and Community and International Economic Development. As the institution advanced, the need to add graduate studies became evident. Consequently, the Board of Trustees in October 2006 approved a change of name for the school to Beulah Heights University. The change was approved by the State of Georgia on December 4, 2006. This change included the addition of a Master of Arts program offering concentrations in Biblical Studies and Leadership Studies that began in the fall of 2007. A Master of Divinity degree program was then added in 2008. BHU  launched a Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree in 2010,  that is tailored to fit the needs of the marketplace through Global centered business education. The program was approved by the State of Georgia, Department of Education on June 25, 2010 and by TRACS in April 2009. In Fall of 2012, BHU also began offering a Doctorate in Ministry (D Min) .

Beulah Heights University is a personal school but still offers strong academics.  Students attending Beulah Heights University tend to be committed to Biblical academics, whether in the classroom or online. Beulah Heights University offers a plethora of courses online to accommodate all students.  Dedicated to a Christian environment, students are required to sign a statement of faith, which includes agreement and respect for the Christian doctrine. Beulah Heights University hopes to provide academic and spiritual guidance to every student on campus through resource centers, academic workshops and religious support.

To find out more about us, click on the topic below to be directed to additional information:

Contact


Beulah Heights University
P.O. Box 18145
892 Berne St, S.E.
Atlanta, GA 30316
Tel: 404-627-2681

Admissions

Email: admissions@beulah.edu
Tel: 404-627-2681 ext. 158 or 109/FAX:  404-564-5290   

Connect with BHU

 
 
 
         

Beulah Heights University

Premier Christian University in Atlanta, Georgia and one of the oldest Christian universities in the Southeast. Fulfilling our mission to develop relevant Christian leaders for ministry and marketplace since 1918.

© 2014 Beulah Heights University