BHU Brightspace by d2L
Welcome to Beulah Heights University’s Department of Digital Learning, where educational accessibility, interactivity, and enhanced engagement are our primary pillars. We are proud to partner with Brightspace by D2L to offer you a vibrant Digital Learning experience. Below we have outlined some essential items to help you navigate BHU Brightspace by D2L and other parts of Digital Learning here at BHU.
You can log into BHU Brightspace in one of two ways:
- From the navigation bar at the top right corner on the BHU website.
- You can also use the following URL, brightspace.beulah.edu
- Please refer to this tutorial to help you adjust the Brightspace learning environment
- The Brightspace helpdesk offers 24/7 support for our students and faculty. Use this link to research a question or to chat with an agent,
- For additional support, please email the Digital Learning Department, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Download the Brightspace Pulse App for classroom updates.
- The Department of Digital Learning/BHU Brightspace will always send correspondence to your BHU student email account. Please be sure to check it regularly.
We are here to help you achieve your academic goals. Please let us know how we can help.
Dr. Alicia Plant
Director of Digital Learning and Innovation
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
There are many questions about fall 2020. Below, the Department of Digital/Online Learning has provided a list of frequently asked questions to help you better prepare for this upcoming fall semester.
Q: Will BHU classes be online or on campus in the fall?
A: All BHU classes will be offered online.
Q: What is digital/online learning?
A: Digital learning is learning that involves the effective use of technology. Some of the strategies include blended/virtual learning, mobile learning, e-textbooks, learning management systems, virtual classrooms, open educational resources, virtual reality, etc.
Q. Will my classes be on Zoom in the fall?
A. This fall, BHU will use the Brightspace virtual classroom powered by Bongo. Unless otherwise notified, BHU faculty will conduct all virtual classroom sessions through Bongo.
Q. What if I cannot log in to a virtual classroom session at a specified time?
A. Students must log in at the specified time listed on the 2020/2021 course schedule for all virtual learning sessions. However, faculty will make accommodations for students who may not be able to login at the scheduled time for valid obligations.
Q. How will attendance be taken in Brightspace?
A. In the Brightspace learning environment, attendance will be based on actual classroom engagement. Engagement means that students will participate in one or more classroom activities-- attend a virtual class session, participate in discussion boards, or complete assessments such as written assignments, quizzes, and exams.